Rowans Nursery offer IAIM Baby Massage, a long-standing parenting tradition that has circulated many cultures, including Indian and African.
Baby massage was only recently introduced into the Western world during the last three decades, growing in popularity in the UK since the late 90’s.
The massage can be done using a high quality, unscented vegetable oil using rhythmic strokes on the baby’s body, following a sequence that has been mastered over the years. The massage is enjoyable for the baby as they will feel valued and respected through the series of massages. Drawing from Indian and Swedish massage traditions, not only that but incorporating principles from reflexology and yoga.
Babies can benefit from the massage:
– Helps the baby feel secure
– Helps them feel loved, valued and respected
– Reduces emotional distress
– Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
– Development of body awareness and coordination
– Provides relief from colic, constipation, teething discomfort and wind
To view more information about the baby massage we offer and testimonials about Rowans, please visit the website.